Friday 1 November 2013

A Key in the Door- Turning 21


I’m now 21 years old! Had a very lovely day. My cute firstbluedoorontheleft housemates made the day very special with a trail of sweeties in the morning, little cute messages stuck on my food cupboard and great birthday presents. The day was topped off with a Superhero themed house party with more friends, which was a great laugh! To mark this momentous achievement of living 21 years, I’ve decided to write a blog post to tell you  guys a little bit about me.

21 things about me

1.       Born in Leeds

2.       Middle child... older brother and younger sister

3.       Christian

4.       I’m a Third year Criminology student

5.       I did ballet, with my best friend Olivia when I was in primary school for only a few months. We were very unlikely people to do it cause we were both massive tomboys

6.       Favourite place is Bolberry Down in South Devon. Been to many happy family holidays down there

7.       When I was younger I wanted to be a nurse like my mummy or work in a library

8.       I never ever want to be a teacher

9.       Phobia of dogs ever since I got attacked by a dog while on my paper round

10.   Horrible speller

11.   When I was younger I wrote my sisters name on the dining room wall and my sister got in trouble. I confessed many years later, and my parents were shocked

12.   Dream to write a novel

13.   Owls has always been my thing. I was ahead of the game with this owl craze.  

14.   I’m rubbish at making cakes. I love eating them.

15.   I think I have seen almost every Stargate SG1 episode

16.   I want fly a helicopter

17.   Addicted to Oreo biscuits

18.   Dangerous footballer. When I do play football (which is rare) I defend by kicking the shins of the opposition players. Face me if you dare.

19.   I only started playing the trumpet because I wanted to play the flute, but there was no more flutes to borrow at school so I chose the trumpet instead

20.   Favourite food is scampi and chips

21.   I don’t want to grow up

 The “ Key in the door- 21!” phase/saying comes from an old tradition that at 21 years old, you were considered old enough to be a keyholder to your family home, and thus hold a symbolically 'senior' position in the family. Although this sort of idea is not really applicable today but a few people still get a symbolic key on their 21st .  The idea of growing up and “being an adult” and “being responsible” is a scary prospect which I essentially wish to prolong. Maybe sometime I’ll hit that wall of adulthood and embrace it but now.... nah...

 
I feel so old
 
Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment