Monday 5 November 2012

BusyBusy


I was tucked up in bed last night, and I heard Charlo chattering away in her broad Yorkshire accent. Apparently it was mine or Sarah’s turn to blog… so I’ve jumped in first!
I’m sure that’ll “Be Reet” with everyone!

Sat thinking about what my blog could be about, a poem popped into my head that I found funny as a child (I don’t even know why). I decided it was rather fitting to life in The First Blue Door on the Left, so here it is…

A BUSY DAY
Pop in
pop out
pop over the road
pop out for a walk
pop down to the shop
can’t stop
got to pop
got to pop?
pop where?
pop what?
well
I’ve got to…
pop round
pop up
pop in to town
pop out and see
pop in for tea
pop down to the shop
can’t stop
got to pop
got to pop?
pop where?
pop what?
well
I’ve got to…
pop in
pop out
pop over the road
pop out for a walk
pop in for a talk.

I guess my point is, there’s never a dull moment here, everyone’s always “popping” somewhere. Uni, Lacrosse, Boyfriend’s house, Bass Practice, Work etc…
Yet between all that, we still have time for each other, serious things, to hilarious things which do nothing but waste away an entire night. From cooking fajitas as a house, to 4 hours of scatagories in one sitting. From talking about a service after church, to trying to get a slinky won at blackpool (thank you mama charlo) to “slink” all the way down the stairs…

I always think it’s a “busy” house, one of us is always doing something.
But then I thought, what even is “busy-ness?”
Surely it’s something man made, because how much stuff do you have to be doing to be classified as “busy”?

We all think we’re busy, but just count how many times in a day you’re doing nothing of importance.

Okay, Okay I know it’s nice to relax, but seeing Corrie (or Fresh Meat in our house) isn’t REALLY busy, Is it?

I even looked online, and there were whole websites dedicated to instructing people on how to beat being busy. Apparently, you never stop being busy, because even when you physically stop, your mind is busy!

Who Knew…



Anyway my point is
1. You always have time – Always. End of. Fact.
2. Stop stressing and refer to point 1.
3. Don’t worry, Be happy, Cause every little thing, it’s gonna be REET!

And for those of you merry men reading this that have a faith in JC, remember:
Psalm 46:10 – Be still, and know that I am God.

In every circumstance, he’s still God!

PEACE OUT
Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment